True to form, I kicked off the chain piecing with a stack of 4" oakshott squares, churning out an array of monochromatic HSTs for the "sky" while I continued to mull over how it would all come together. Until the mid-June baby turned out to be a mid-May addition, at which point I cleared the design wall and starting shaping out that #cityscapequilt sky. Once I had found a happy medium (read: gradient), I started piecing some improv low volume buildings to fill in the blanks...
After a little rearranging, and some itty bitty baby building construction...
I was ready to bring it all together.
And send it to its new home. (Which, I'm told, was going to be inspired by this serene little Serena & Lily nursery.)
From what I hear, it's a big hit. Which kind of makes my heart sing. Loudly ;o)
Linking up with Amanda Jean for finish it up friday!